To our customers,
Since our inception, the top priority at Sweet Pea Plant-Based Kitchen has been to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our customers and staff.
These are challenging times that require us all to reflect on best practices and adhere strictly to the guidance of our state, federal, and local government agencies.
After being deemed an “essential business” by New York State and reviewing our own safety practices, we are confident in our ability to continue to serve our community safely and in manner in which they feel comfortable.
Our approach to food safety can be summarized simply: We are focused on food safety before meals are prepared, during their preparation, and after they are ready.
We are also committed to safely serving our Nutrition Coaching and Weight Loss clients. Here are some of the steps we are taking to ensure we meet our responsibilities to you.
Before you receive your meals:
- Our staff has committed to practicing social distancing and follow the most up-to-date guidance from government agencies. We are a small team and have committed to stay home when not at work.
- All administrative work, unrelated to food production, happens from home.
- All vendors that provide food to Sweet Pea Plant-Based Kitchen are committed to following the same strict guidelines.
- No staff members are allowed to work if they feel at all unwell. We are providing paid sick leave to anyone who may need it to ensure that no one works while ill.
- We split our production into separate shifts to limit the number of staff members that come into contact with one another.
During the preparation of your meals:
- Our staff practices proper hand washing before entering the kitchen, at a hand washing station located outside of the kitchen. They continue to wash their hands throughout the course of the work day, at least every 30 minutes; but in practice, more often.
- Our staff uses gloves in the preparation, packaging, and bagging of your meals. They change gloves frequently to ensure food safety.
- Our work area is cleaned and sanitized before, during, and after the preparation of your meals.
After your meals are ready:
Customer Pick Ups
- Our customers call upon arrival for pick up. Our staff clarifies whether to place order in the trunk or leave the order outside car for customer to pick up.
- Our staff wear new gloves to bring each order out. They also wash their hands between each customer interaction.
- Our staff no longer hand bags directly to customers. Instead, they now ring door bell and leave the order outside to avoid contact.
- Our staff uses hand sanitizer after each drop off.
- All appointments now take place through HIPAA compliant video conference calls.
We encourage anyone with questions to reach out. We are ready to field calls and emails at any time. Stay home and stay safe.
Mike, Ryan, and Team Sweet Pea