The average American faces health concerns such as obesity, heart disease, Type 2 Diabetes, and/or cancer at some point in their life. Likely, we all know someone who has struggled with these concerns – if we haven’t faced them ourselves.
But did you know that all of these concerns can be linked to the average American diet?
In fact, a lot of the major health concerns facing Americans today can be treated and reversed with the right nutrition plan. Whole-food, plant-based (WFPB) nutrition is the best nutrition for improving your overall health and wellbeing.
On a WFPB diet, you get all the nutrients your body needs to prevent, improve, and reverse disease, produce energy efficiently, and lose weight. It can make you feel more energetic, positive, and clear-minded.
A WFPB diet replaces animal and ultra-processed foods with a wide variety of nutritious whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, and spices, and it opens you up to a lot of benefits.
The Top 12 Benefits of Adopting a Plant-Based Nutrition Plan at a Glance
- Lower your blood pressure
- Lower your high cholesterol
- Lose weight and maintain it in a healthy way
- Prevent and reverse chronic conditions such as heart disease and diabetes
- Decrease your risk and slow the progression of certain cancers
- Prevent and slow the development of Alzheimer’s
- Decrease or eliminate your dependence on many medications
- Strengthen your immune system to get sick less often
- Decrease your stress and improve mental clarity
- Improve your sleep and boost your energy
- Improve your mood
- Feel better overall
Read on to learn just how a plant-based diet can give you all of these benefits.
Have a Question About Plant-Based Nutrition?
Our Registered Dietitian, Jen, can help! Fill out this form, let us know what you’re interested in, and we’ll get back to you soon!